Monday, May 25, 2009

Homeschool Room

As most of you know, we are a homeschooling family. In the new house, we are designing a homeschool room big enough for each child to have their own work space. I have been gathering ideas and putting them in my file folder. I thought I would share a few with you today.


This first picture is from Centsational Girl. I love so many things about this room! You will want to go here to check it all out! It is fantastic!

I love the huge map in this picture. She said it could be ordered from National Geographic for around $100. When I checked it out, it was on sale for $79.99!



I think the next picture came from Pottery Barn. I love the large bulletin board over the desk. This will give them each an opportunity to personalize their space. We can use scrapbook pages like they did here or we can cover it with fabric.

I also want to add a ledge to one of the walls. It will make a great way to display the kid's framed art work.


Centsational Girl got these large clothespins from Pottery Barn. I would love to find some for myself! I think they would be a fun way to show off their "good work" papers.


Of course, what class is complete without a chalkboard. The great thing is that with chalkboard paint, you can put one anywhere!


I think this will be a fun room to decorate. I want it to be fun and inviting, creative and functional. A place where the kids can explore the wonderful world of learning!

No comments: