Friday, March 27, 2009

Front Door

I wanted to show you some ideas I have for our front door. I want something that looks great, but also lets in light.

Of course, I have not priced anything yet and that will be part of the decision when it comes time to pick one. For now, can I just dream and not worry about money?!?

I like this door, but not sure about having such a large area of windows on the door itself. I love the side lites on this door though!



I like this door, but not the side lites.



I think I want to the side lites from the first picture with the door from the second picture. What do you think? Warm and welcoming?


Because a lot of people will use the side door (and we will more than the front too) I think I want something like this...well, with only one door!

Here are some other options for the front door.






So what do you think? I would love to hear your opinions!

3 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

I am not sure what door I like the best, but I do like your idea of having a door that lets in light! That is a great idea!

Grape News said...

I love the side door(s)! Ya gotta do the flower pots too.

Ohio Mom said...

I like the wooden door with the arch and sidelites. There are some doors with oval windows that are like stained and frosted glass which allows you to be able to see who is on the other side but give a little more privacy (sidelites match). I made my sidelites look like stained glass because when someone would come to the door, they tended to peer through the sidelite and it would startle me. But having said that, the plain glass is also beautiful!

Mom