Monday, March 9, 2009

Cowboy Bathroom

One of the first things the kids said when we were talking about building a new house is that they wanted a cowboy bathroom. They LOVE horses and wanted that to be the theme. The problem is that they all wanted it for "their" bathroom. (The girls will share and B's will also be the "company" bathroom.) So to compromise we said we would make the upstairs bathroom the cowboy bathroom. Everyone agreed and was happy with the idea.


Over the last several months, I have been on the look out for things to use in the new house. My philiosphy is that it is better to spend a little here and there, than to pay full price later. That all being said, here is what I have found so far for the cowboy bathroom.




Last August, T**g*t marked down their college collection of towels and shower curtains. I waited till they went to 75% off and snatched up a few things.

I got the shower curtain for around $4. I got 2 brown and 2 beige towels for $1.98 each. I also got a 8 pack of washcloths for $1.25.

At our local kids consignment sale, I got this valance for $5. My plan is to use it as a valance over the shower curtain to dress up the plain beige curtain. I can't wait to see how it will look!




The border is this cool red bandana material. The valance came with an extra yard or so of this bandana material, so I will use it for a curtain for the window.

Of course, I am still not finished, but I am excited what I have found so far! The hunt is half the fun!

A few other things I am planning to do is use a real horse shoe for the hand towel holder. My
friend, who owns a horse, has one for me!

I also want some personal touches so I am going to get the kids to help do some things in there too. For instance, remember when S painted a horse on her award winning pumpkin? Well, guess who is doing some custom art work??

As I get more, I will be sure to show you! Can you tell I am having lots of fun with this???

2 comments:

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Sounds like you have a great start on the cowboy bathroom. i am sure it will look great when it is done!

Cheryl said...

I always thought I was the one who found the best sales but YOU are the Queen of best sales!!! Way to go!

I love that you are keeping the kids in some of the decisions. What memories they will have to share with their children!
Love,
Ohio Mom